One of the major concerns we face as parents is to make our kids eat. As toddlers, these kids are still in the process of exploring new food. If we do not give proper attention, the kids may lose their interest in eating. Most of them become picky eaters. This is a growing age and hence nutritional requirements of kids need to be prioritized. All you can do is to make the food a bit interesting. Presenting before you in this article are a few recipe ideas for picky eating kids. These recipes are easy to make and have nutritional values too.
Recipe 1: Paneer sticks/ fingers
- Black pepper
- Grind 3-4 black pepper beads
- Cut the paneer into finger shapes
- Add besan, black pepper and salt to the paneer. Mix all the ingredients.
- Add butter to a heated pan.
- Selo fry the paneer sticks in butter until they turn brown
- Ready to serve with tomato ketchup.
You can play finger family with kids and make them eat these delicious paneer fingers rich in protein and fat.
Recipe 2: Aaloo tikki
- Chopped onion
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Mix chopped onion, coriander leaves and salt with potatoes and mash them
- Give interesting shapes (use your imagination) to the mashed potatoes
- Heat the butter in a frying pan
- Selo fry the tikkis (mashed potato shapes) till they become golden brown
- Ready to serve with your kids favorite sauce
Kids will love the shapes of the tikkis. They won’t even now its potato. Potatoes are rich source of carbohydrates and are essentially helpful for weight gain in toddlers.
Recipe 3: Shaped Omelette
- Black pepper powder
- Turmeric powder
- Beat the eggs with all the ingredients
- Heat butter in a frying pan
- You will need “Omelette Shapers” to make this recipe. Click on the image below to buy a shaper
- Pour the beaten eggs into these shapes and let them fry
Your shaped omelettes are ready to serve.
Kids will love the interesting shapes and this will improve their interest in eating. These omelets are a rich source of proteins and fats.
I hope you will find the recipe ideas for picky eating kids useful. The sooner we raise our kid’s interest in eating, the better it will be for their growth. Keep experimenting with your food. Do share your recipes too.